SHELTER IN PLACE – State of Illinois
In an effort to stop the fast spread of Coronavirus in the state of Illinois, Governor J.G. Prizker has required a “Shelter in Place” for the entire state Effective Saturday, March 21, 2020 at 5:00 p.m.
This means that everyone is asked to stay inside unless it is ESSENTIAL.
ESSENTIAL TRAVELS INCLUDES:
· Grocery shopping
· Doctor’s appointments
· Pick up medicines from your pharmacy
· Take walks outside – not in groups
· Put gas in your car
· The following will be limited or closed until further notice:
· All bars and restaurants will be take out or delivery ONLY
· Gyms will be closed
· Movie theaters will be closed
It is very important that you follow the “shelter in place rules for the State for the safety of you and your community. Please keep checking the State of Illinois website for continuous updates on this plan.
WHY TEMPORARY SOCIAL DISTANCING MATTERS
The Coronavirus spreads through everyday activities such as coughing and sneezing. Because these are common, they often are not noticed. Whether or not you have a symptom, it is very important that you avoid situations where you are around a lot of people (social distance) because of how fast the virus is spreading.
· Avoid/limit public transportation
· Avoid/limit gatherings of more than 10 people
· Keep a distance of 6 feet from others
· Make only necessary trips to public places such as the grocery store or mall
· If your job allows, work from home when you can
· Postpone ALL un-necessary and non-urgent travel
· Replace your in-person visits to phone and video chats with your friends and family
· Limit your interactions with anyone that is high risk: elderly, currently Ill, etc.
· Disinfect your counter tops, door handles, shoes when you come indoors, remotes,
· Wear gloves when touching any key pads, i.e, ATM machines, gas stations, shops, ETC.
· Don’t touch your face
· Drink warm liquids during the day, and gargle with mouth disinfectant mixes.
Wash hands often for 20 seconds or use a hand sanitizer with 60%+ alcohol content
· Think clean! Think Distance! Stay Home and Think WIN – What’s Important Now!
(for a printable copy of the "Wash Hands Tent" sign pictured, please email me directly at: firstname.lastname@example.org )